Our complete outfitting package includes everything you need for a fun and successful trip. Just bring your clothes, toiletries and personal items and you're ready to roll!
$97 per person, per day, includes the following:
- New Souris River canoe (ultra light with yokepads and safety kit)
- Tent and footprint
- Sleeping bag
- Dry bags
- Food Barrel and Harness
- Lightweight Tarp
- Whisperlite Stove with fuel (or Coleman 2 burner stove with fuel)
- Mess kit - pots and frying pan
- Kitchen set and supplies
- Dishes, cups and utensils
- Coffee percolator
- Camp soap & hand sanitizer
- Matches and lighter
- Collapsible camp bucket
- Nalgene/water bottles
- MSR miniworks water filter (or water filter bag)
- Take down saw
- Camp axe
- Camp shovel
- Hand trowel/ latrine kit
- Complete food menu (3 meals & 1 dessert / day)
Add to your package:
- SPOT- satellite tracking unit. $9/day/group
- Map (individual sale only)
Fishing licenses, bait, park permits and maps are not included in the Complete Outfitting Package.
Guided Canoe Trips
We offer guided canoe trips from experienced locals who love our backyard playground. Our guides have personal experience paddling the Woodland Caribou Provincial Park and come highly recommended. Have a more laid back trip by booking an experienced guide to lead you thru the park and care for your camp set up and cooking needs.
Guiding fees = $250/day/group
Keith Fretz is a teacher, a manager of Sunset Canoe Outfitting and the owner of Pakuni Lodge. He has 20 years experience in the field of outdoor education and guiding.
Don Maw is a retired Senior MNRF Conservation Officer. He has 35 years of experience in the field and teaches outdoor survival classes.
Some seasoned adventurers might already have gear of their own. No worries, every piece of our quality equipment is available for rent individually. The prices below are listed per person, per day.
- New Souris River canoe = $42 (ultra light with yokepads and safety kit)
- Paddle = $3
- PFD/life jacket = $4
- Tent and footprint = $14
- Lightweight sleeping bag = $10
- Thermarest = $5
- Packs = $8
- Dry bags = $2
- Food Barrel and Harness = $8
- Lightweight Tarp = $6
- MSR Whisperlite stove with fuel = $8
- Coleman 2 burner stove with fuel = $10
- Complete basic kitchen/cook set (including flatware and utensils) = $7
- MSR miniworks water filter = $7
- Water filter bag = $5
- Take down saw = $3
- Camp Axe = $3
- Camp shovel = $2
- Hand trowel/latrine kit = $2
- Complete food pack (3 meals & 1 dessert / day) = $45
- SPOT- satellite tracking unit = $9/day/group
- Pakuni Lodge bunkhouse - $50 per person/night - first come first serve. Includes shower and breakfast. Please request a reservation.
Or, make your own hotel reservation in Ear Falls.
- Hotel 105, Bar & Grill - 807-222-3374
- Trillium Motel - 807-222-3126
A menu will be emailed to you upon making a reservation. We offer a variety of delicious, lightweight, prepackaged meals made for the backpacker with taste buds!